Average of 53 recipes (~32% of all).
Variation: +baking powder +flour +water -olive oil -onion
1. Whisk the flour, salt, and baking powder together in a mixing bowl. Mix in the lard with your fingers until the flour resembles cornmeal. Add the water and mix until the dough comes together; place on a lightly floured surface and knead a few minutes until smooth and elastic. Divide the dough into 24 equal pieces and roll each piece into a ball.
2. Preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Use a well-floured rolling pin to roll a dough ball into a thin, round tortilla. Place into the hot skillet, and cook until bubbly and golden; flip and continue cooking until golden on the other side. Place the cooked tortilla in a tortilla warmer; continue rolling and cooking the remaining dough.
Average of 22 recipes (~13% of all).
Variation: +egg +potato -salt
1. Slice edges off of potatoes so that potatoes are roughly square; thinly slice. Heat olive oil in medium skillet over medium heat. Add potatoes and lightly fry. Remove potatoes with a slotted spoon and set aside.
2. Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown. Remove bacon, crumble and set aside. Reserve 1 tablespoon bacon grease and cook ham, onion and red pepper. Remove from heat.
3. Beat together eggs and Spanish seasoning. Pour eggs into skillet with vegetables. Add bacon and potatoes. Cook over medium heat, without stirring until bottom begins to brown. Turn omelet over and allow both sides to brown. Serve warm.
Average of 7 recipes (~4% of all).
Variation: +black bean +chicken breast +chicken broth +chicken stock +chili powder +cilantro +corn +cumin +garlic +paprika +pepper +red bell pepper +tomato