Average of 453 recipes (~31% of all).
Variation: +baking powder +milk +salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease two 12 cup muffin pans or line with 18 paper baking cups.
2. Measure the apple cider vinegar into a 2 cup measuring cup. Fill with almond milk to make 1 1/2 cups. Let stand until curdled, about 5 minutes. In a large bowl, Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together the almond milk mixture, coconut oil and vanilla. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir just until blended. Spoon the batter into the prepared cups, dividing evenly.
3. Bake in the preheated oven until the tops spring back when lightly pressed, 15 to 20 minutes. Cool in the pan set over a wire rack. When cool, arrange the cupcakes on a serving platter. Frost with desired frosting.
Average of 171 recipes (~11% of all).
Variation: +cream cheese -flour
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Line 2 (12 cup) muffin tins with paper liners.
2. In a large bowl, combine cream cheese and sugar. Mix until soft. Add eggs and combine. Add vanilla.
3. Distribute evenly into 2 (12 cup) lined muffin tins and bake at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) for 35 minutes.
4. When done, the centers will fall in a bit while cooling. When cool, fill depressions with 2 to 3 tablespoons of your favorite fruit pie filling. Store in the refrigerator.
Average of 111 recipes (~7% of all).
Variation: +milk -flour
1. Place candy bars, butter, milk and vanilla in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on High for 30 seconds; stir. Heat for an additional 10 seconds, remove the bowl from the mircrowave and stir again. Add confectioners' sugar and stir until smooth and creamy.
Average of 100 recipes (~6% of all).
Variation: +baking powder +baking soda +cocoa +milk +salt +vegetable oil +water -butter
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease two 12-cup muffin tins.
2. Sift flour, 2 cups white sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt together in a large bowl. Beat vegetable oil, buttermilk, eggs, and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract into the flour mixture using an electric hand mixer on medium until smooth, about 3 minutes.
3. Stir baking soda and hot water together in a small bowl; mix into batter. Pour batter into muffin cups to 2/3 full.
4. Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Cool in the pans for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.
5. Beat shortening, 1/2 cup white sugar, milk, 1 tablespoon water, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, and salt together in a bowl using an electric hand mixer until smooth, 5 to 7 minutes. Add confectioners' sugar; beat until fully incorporated, 3 to 5 minutes.
6. Insert frosting into cupcakes using a pastry tube fitted with a rosette tip. Frost the tops of cupcakes with remaining frosting.
Average of 81 recipes (~5% of all).
Variation: +chocolate +cream cheese -butter -sugar -flour -egg
Average of 73 recipes (~4% of all).
Variation: +baking powder +milk -vanilla
1. Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a 12 cup muffin pan with paper baking cups. Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
2. Beat the butter and sugar with an electric mixer in a large bowl until fluffy, about 1 to 2 minutes. Add the egg and strawberry extract, continue beating. Beat in the milk and buttermilk, then beat in the jam. The batter should be pink.
3. Stir in 1/3 of the flour mixture, mixing until just incorporated. Stir in 1/2 of the remaining flour and then add the remaining flour; mixing just enough to evenly combine. Pour the batter into prepared baking cups.
4. Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes clean, about 15 to 20 minutes. Cool before frosting.
5. Beat the peanut butter and butter until smooth in a large bowl. Mix in 2 cups of the confectioners' sugar, 1/4 cup at a time; then stir in 1/4 cup milk. Gradually add the remaining 2 cups of sugar. If the frosting is too dry add a tablespoon of milk. Frost the tops of the cooled cupcakes.
Average of 72 recipes (~4% of all).
Variation: +baking powder +baking soda +salt +sour cream
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease 30 individual muffin cups or line cups with paper liners.
2. Beat 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter and white sugar in a large bowl with an electric blender until creamy. Add eggs one at a time and beat well after each addition. Beat in lemon zest and vanilla extract.
3. Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a separate bowl. Add to butter mixture alternately with sour cream and mix well into a thick batter. Spoon 1/4 cup of batter into each muffin cup.
4. Bake in the preheated oven until tops spring back when lightly pressed, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool in the tins for 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool, about 20 minutes.
5. Prepare the frosting while cupcakes are cooling. Cream together 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter and vanilla extract with an electric blender. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar, 1 cup at a time, mixing well after each addition. Beat in milk and continue beating until frosting is light and fluffy.
6. Spread out marshmallow halves on a clean surface, cut-side down. Spread a little bit of frosting in the center of each marshmallow half. Sprinkle with pink decorating sugar to make the bunny ears.
7. Spread an even layer of frosting over each cooled cupcake. Place 2 of the prepared marshmallow halves on each cupcake for the ears. Place a chocolate piece in the middle of each cupcake for the nose and draw eyes and whiskers with black decorating gel.
Average of 62 recipes (~4% of all).
Variation: +baking soda +buttermilk +cocoa +salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
2. Sift flour, cocoa, baking soda, salt, and baking powder together in a large mixing bowl until combined.
3. Place butter and sugar into the work bowl of a large stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment. Beat butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Scrape down attachment and bowl. Add eggs into butter-sugar mixture, one at a time, mixing the first egg in thoroughly before adding the second. Scrape down sides of bowl as you work.
4. Beat buttermilk and vinegar into moist ingredients, followed by vanilla extract and red food coloring. Mix until color is even.
5. Pour dry ingredients into wet ingredients and gently whisk by hand until batter is smooth. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling them about 3/4 full.
6. Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes. Let sit in the pan for 10 minutes; remove cupcakes from pan and cool completely on a cooling rack before frosting. Unwrap cupcakes before frosting.