Average of 267 recipes (~37% of all).
Variation: -chili powder -cumin -pepper -salt -beef -garlic
1. Mix the tomatoes, onion, white beans, chili beans, taco seasoning mix, and ranch dressing mix in a large pot over medium heat. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, mix in the burger crumbles, and continue cooking until heated through. Top with cheese to serve.
Average of 75 recipes (~10% of all).
Variation: +kidney bean +tomato sauce
1. Place ground beef in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown. Drain, and crumble.
2. In a large pot over high heat combine the ground beef, tomato juice, tomato sauce, kidney beans, pinto beans, onions, bell pepper, cayenne pepper, sugar, oregano, ground black pepper, salt, cumin and chili powder. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low. Simmer for 1 1/2 hours. (Note: If using a slow cooker, set on low, add ingredients, and cook for 8 to 10 hours.)
Average of 55 recipes (~7% of all).
Variation: +kidney bean +oregano +water
1. Heat oil in a heavy 6-quart pot over medium heat. Cook onion, bell peppers, jalapeno, garlic, and salt, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 10 minutes. Stir in chili powder, cumin, oregano, tomato paste, tomatoes, and water and simmer over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 20 minutes.
2. Drain beans, reserving liquid, and rinse under cold water. Add beans and 3/4 cup reserved liquid to chili and simmer, stirring occasionally, until heated through, 5 to 7 minutes.
3. Top each serving with sour cream, cheese, and cilantro (if using).
Average of 50 recipes (~7% of all).
Variation: +cayenne pepper +garlic powder +onion powder +oregano +paprika +tomato sauce -onion -garlic -tomato
Average of 33 recipes (~4% of all).
Variation: +sugar +water -chili powder -tomato -cumin -beef
1. Place 1/2 cup cold fresh water and vinegar in a saucepan. Whisk in Asian fish sauce, brown sugar, ketchup, sambal chili sauce, and cornstarch. Whisk until cornstarch disappears. Place over medium-high heat and bring up to a simmer stirring occasionally. As it bubbles, it will start to thicken up. Remove pan from heat. Watch Now
2. Whisk garlic and chili into hot mixture. Add fresh lime juice; whisk again. Allow mixture to cool to room temperature before checking for seasonings. Watch Now
3. If not using immediately, transfer to a glass jar with a lid. Refrigerate. Watch Now